I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in both California (MFT #50279) and Colorado (MFT #998). Originally from the East Coast, I earned my MA in Counseling Psychology from John F. Kennedy University in Berkeley, CA and then earned my license in Marriage and Family Therapy in California before moving to Colorado during the Summer of 2011.
I am a current member of the following organizations:
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, Clinical Member (AAMFT)
- Colorado Association for Marriage and Family Therapists, Clinical Member (CAMFT)
- Denver Family Institute Adjunct Faculty Member
- San Francisco Counseling Center - Provided private practice services to men, women and couples.
- Edgewood Center for Children & Families - Provided mental health treatment and case management to high-risk youth and their families in school and in the San Francisco community.
- Ohlhoff Recovery Programs - Supported men, women, adolescents and their families struggling with substance abuse, eating disorders, anxiety, depression, ADHD and trauma in intensive outpatient and residential communities in San Francisco. Co-facilitated family groups, adolescent expressive arts groups, relapse prevention and process groups.
- Life Support Behavioral Institute - Provided mental health treatment for adults, families and children in Denver and surrounding areas.
- Garden, Autism Services of Colorado - Provided training and educational support for young adults with developmental disabilities in Denver and surrounding areas.
Training & Philosophy
My own past personal struggles led me to gain invaluable experiences from both group and individual therapy. After realizing how powerful therapy can be in giving me a voice, I decided to go back to graduate school in pursuit of my degree in Counseling Psychology. I spent the next few years completing my masters program, earning over 3000 clinical hours working with clients from diverse backgrounds and then passing the California exams for Marriage and Family Therapy. At that point, I officially became a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
I continue to spend my time working with a varied group of clients and maintaining my educational competence by completing ongoing continuing education courses.
I am passionate about helping support others in feeling free from the stressors and challenges that life can bring. I have extensive training in areas such as Addiction, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Psychodynamic Therapies, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Body Image and Self-Esteem, Child and Family Therapy and Couples Therapy (Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and Gottman Therapy) and work with clients- individuals, families, adolescents and children- of all ages and demographics.
I use a variety of approaches to help support and guide you in the therapeutic process depending on what your needs are and what you are looking for. With empathy and compassion, I will objectively support you in uncovering ongoing patterns of challenge, anxiety and pain and working towards a more enjoyable and rewarding life.
When I am not working, I enjoy spending time with my friends and family and enjoying the great outdoors of Colorado. I love skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, jogging and an occasional round of not-so-good golf.
I live in Denver with my husband, 2 children and 2 cats.
Locations for Julie Gladnick, MA, LMFT
- Julie Gladnick, MA, LMFT
Jennifer is a trained couples therapist in Denver, CO. She specializes in helping couples reconnect and work through difficult areas of their relationships. I am a Licensed Social in the state of Colorado (LSW.0000040) as well as a Registered Psychotherapist (NLC.0107975) in Colorado. Jennifer received her Master' Degree in Social Work from the University of Nebraska in Omaha in 2003 and Bachelor's Degree in Social Work from Dana College in Blair, Nebraska in 2001.
- Member, National Association of Social Workers (NASW), Colorado Chapter, 2017-present
- Level 1 and 2 Gottman Method Couples Therapy Training
- Pikes Peak Mental Health- Provided individual and group therapy education to clients with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Alegent Mercy Behavioral Health- Worked with children and adolescents, ages 5-18, in partial hospitalization and inpatient psychiatric settings.
- The Salvation Army- Worked as educator/skill builder in an intensive home-based family preservation program.
- Richard Young Center- Worked with children, adults and geriatrics in an inpatient mental health setting.
- Omaha Tribe, Carl T. Curtis Health Center- Worked with Native Americans of the Omaha Tribe in a mental health setting.
Jennifer loves to spend time hiking and exploring beautiful Colorado with her family. She loves reading, gardening, and taking her dogs for longs walks. Jennifer lives in Denver with her husband and 2 children.
Jennifer is an Independent Contractor providing services to Julia A Gladnick, LLC.
Locations for Jennifer Tougaw, LSW
- Julie Gladnick, MA, LMFT