I have worked with men and women of all ages to help support them in their battles with anxiety and depression in my Denver Therapist office. Often, it's hard to know what comes first.
Some people feel such anxiety, that it often causes them to feel depressed and overwhelmed with how to manage things in their lives. Others feel so depressed, that many decisions or activities seem so daunting and cause them great anxiety.
Some Symptoms of Anxiety
- recurrent thoughts and worries that interfere with your general wellbeing
- constant overwhelm
- racing heart
- difficulty concentrating
- muscle tension or unexplained body aches
- increase or decrease in appetite while feeling stressed or anxious
- inability to go to sleep or stay asleep
- driving urge to put your worries at ease (constant Internet searches about your worry or fear, talking excessively to friends/family about your worry or fear)
- continuously asking 'what if' or always looking at the negative despite the existence of alternative explanations
Some Effects of Anxiety
- Physical illness (constant worry can run down your immune system)
- Isolation (in order to avoid feeling more anxious, you may begin avoiding a number of situations)
- Addiction (Drug/Alchol, Eating Disorders, Internet, Shopping, Gambling, Sex, Love)
- Difficulties with fertility or maintaining healthy pregnancies
- Strained relationships with peers, friends and family members
- Difficulty maintaining success in work and/or school
Seeking therapy can be especially overwhelming if you are suffering from anxiety and/or depression. You may feel too exhausted or overwhelmed to look for a therapist or make it to a session, or just the thought of looking, talking to someone, or leaving the house may produce greater anxiety for any number of reasons. I offer two ways to contact me; via phone or email. If it feels more manageable to email me, please do so! I will get back to you within the day and can hopefully help minimze some of your anxiety. If you'd prefer to speak by phone, I offer a free initial phone conversation so that you can determine if I feel like the right fit for you before even leaving your home.
Based on my own experiences, I know how debilitating and exhausting it can be to struggle with anxiety and depression. I believe that I can help free you of some of your feelings of frustration, hopelessness, overwhelm and exhaustion.
Depending on your goals and your prefences for therapy modalities, we can work together to figure out how I can best help you. Cognitive behavior therapies and behavior therapies such as Dialectical Behavior Therapy can be great modalities to help challenge the thoughts and behaviors that are ruling your depression and anxiety.
I also firmly believe in self-care as a means to feeling our best and being our best. Whether it be in the form of mindfulness and mediation, yoga or excercise or art and music, there are many ways to take care of our minds beyond talk therapy. As a Denver Therapist, I hope that, by building a relationshiop, we can work together to help you face your struggles and enjoy yourself and your life each and every day.